Call to the College

The Bardic Chair is now on display in Glastonbury Library, along with the Tim Sebastian Memorial Trophy currently held by my colleague Steve Leighton. They've already been generating a bit of interest - if you're in the area please come and see them too. 
In the coming days and weeks I'll be adding information about the Chair to the display boards around it. I am asking all members of Gorsedh Ynys Witrin to bring a piece of writing for display along with the chair. This can be information about Bardism, or even better your own creative work.

If the boards get full up I intend to keep refreshing them with newer work, so if pieces need to come off to make room, I will put a folder there that those can be archived in.

Everyone who has been initiated into our Bardic College (you'll know if you have - the annual ceremony at the foot of the Tor) is welcome to bring or send me work at the Library to be pinned around the chair; including all past recipients of the Tim Sebastian Trophy and our honorary bards. My own winning piece 'Twilight of the Gods' is there at present, as well as Lisa Goodwin's spin on Taliesin's Tale and a translation by Nathan Lewis Williams.

For the avoidance of confusion, this is the Public Library on Archers' Way, where I work - not the wonderful Library of Avalon (I believe that the Chair has also been housed at the Library of Avalon in the past).

I ask everyone to use common sense when considering what is appropriate to display in a public library...



With thanks in advance,

Wes White
10th Chaired Bard of Ynys Witrin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Love Rules' - a verse for cross-border couples.

Family and Private Life

The Naughtiest Thing