Bardic and other dates for your diary

Saturday February 6th - National Libraries Day
Lots of things going on in Somerset Libraries and around the UK for National Libraries Day. As Bard of Glastonbury, I'll be reading poems from the books on the shelves in Glastonbury [Public] Library all day. Come and find me for a one-to-one reading (or one-to-several if I get a crowd). 10am - 4pm (but I'll take breaks when I feel like it!). Street Library is also launching a creative writing competition the same day, which I'm picking the poetry winner for.
From noon on the same day there is a fundraising tribute to David Bowie taking place in the shop window of Cancer Research UK on Glastonbury High Street. I'll be reading 'I Was Pianos' - my cut-up tribute to Bowie - as part of the event.

Wednesday February 24th - Read Aloud Day
I'm taking part in World Read Aloud Day for Library of Avalon. I'm not sure exactly what format this will take... but it will definitely involve me reading aloud...

Wednesday March 2nd - Library of Avalon Residency

Thursday March 10th - AvalonVox Poetry Slam
More details here. I've put my name down!

Sunday March 20th - Announcement of 2016 Bardic Theme
At Noon on the Vernal Equinox, it is the tradition for the Bard of Glastonbury to announce the theme of that year's contest at Glastonbury's Market Cross. All those who wish to 'contest the Chair' - and become the next Chaired Bard of Ynys Witrin - are then invited to write a piece to perform on that theme. This year, I'm the Bard so I have the honour of making the announcement.

Thursday May 19th - Glastonbury Bardic Finals
(Date of trials tbc)
This year's contenders for the title of 'Bard of Glastonbury' will be performing at the town's  Assembly Rooms, as happens every St Dunstan's Day... and the Chair, Robes, Branch and Book will move on to a new Bard...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Love Rules' - a verse for cross-border couples.

Family and Private Life

The Naughtiest Thing